N-Tier basic 3D WPF Application
Posted by codingsense on October 20, 2009
WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) has given us a hand to move in 3D world. Great graphics and GUI can be attained using WPF. I have worked on several graphical projects in WPF, but was wondering whether the performance and ease will remain the same when building a big application, so was working on the same and until now i have found it very easy in deploying any kind of application. So i planned to expose my application to all of you so that you can use it any way, here is the project. This is just a basic sample and I am sure you will find more ways after exploring this application.
Version : 220.127.116.11
Date : 20/Oct/2009
- .Net Framework 3 or above.
- SQL server 2005 or above
- better the system configuration better the graphics
- To view source files you will need VS 2008 SP1 and for better understanding design, 3D and animations you will need Expression blend 2 or higher
In the Contact Management i have tried to explore many concepts in which we can acheive good graphical interfaces and flexible data binding.
Let me show you some of the snapshots of the application.
Add New contact
Transparent About Screen with animating text
Here are some of the key features explored. In coming posts we will explore each one of the features and do’s and dont’s of them.
- Customizing a control
- Data binding from various datasources
- Animating a control with Event Trigger and Propery Trigger
- Creating 3D graphichs and brief on Viewport 3D
- Creating resources and using them in whole application
- Creating Themes or Skins and change whole interface depending on the selection
- IValueConverter – bringing data from many child table depending on the parent data selection.
- Path – change shapes of any control or window
- Transoform propery
If you find any of the above topics very interesting or want to know about it, then please post a comment with specific topic name. I will make sure you get it.
I have also plans to take this project further.You can expect the future versions of Contact Management to have the following
- Email a friend
- Capture image of a friend and display it in very unique way
- Exploring on customizing a control and much better 3D ways to display it
- Creating, Changing and moving 3D objects in runtime
If you are finding any other problem in WPF or in Expression Blend or even if you find anything needs to improve in the application then you can always feel free to post a comment.
Happy Learning 🙂